Easily transform paper documents, PDFs and digital photos of text into editable and searchable files with ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac. No more manual retyping or reformatting. Instead you can edit, search, share, archive, and copy information from documents for reuse and quotation — saving your time, effort and hassles.
FineReader Pro combines unmatched OCR quality, accurate document formatting reconstruction and unsurpassed language support with an intuitive interface.
- Unmatched OCR Accuracy and Broadest Language Support on Mac — FineReader Pro for Mac is based on ABBYY’s award-winning OCR and document conversion technology that delivers up to 99.8 percent accuracy* of character recognition. Moreover, it automatically detects and recognizes text in more than 180 languages including European languages, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Hebrew and Arabic — in any combination.
- Converting to Microsoft Word, PDF, and Apache OpenOffice Writer with Native Formatting —With ABBYY’s intelligent Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT), FineReader Pro for Mac precisely re-creates document structure and formatting across multiple pages, including text size and font styles, tables, diagrams, columns, headers, footers, footnotes, table of contents, page numbers and other attributes commonly found in multi-page documents. When saving to PDF, the application identifies and reproduces the document’s content outline bookmarks with live links for better navigating and reading.
- Intuitive, Task-Oriented User Interface— FineReader Pro for Mac offers a highly-optimized, easy-to-navigate user interface designed to reduce the amount of steps typically required to process documents to a single click of a button.
- Digital Camera OCR and Image Pre-processing — Users can photograph documents for OCR and conversion by using their cameras and mobile devices as alternatives to common scanners. Depending on the image, FineReader Pro for Mac applies various image pre-processing options to correct possible distortions before recognition. With its versatile Image Editor, users can also correct brightness and contrast, straighten curved text lines, correct trapezium distortions, reduce ISO noise, remove motion blur, split dual pages, crop images, and more.
- Reliable Archiving and Sharing ofPDFs — FineReader Pro for Mac allows users to truly leverage the PDF format in their daily work by turning documents into searchable, compressed and protected PDF files. It can also create PDF outlines for fast navigation across a document, support tagged PDFs that are optimized for portable and screen reader devices, and export to the PDF/A format for long-term archiving.
- Quick E-book Creation — The application can be easily used to convert paper documents and images to formats supported by e-book readers, tablet PCs and smartphones, including the popular Electronic Publication (.ePub) and FictionBook (.fb2) formats.